Skip to main content

SNGF - Your Genealogy and Family History Christmas Gifts

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Our assignment this eve of Christmas Eve from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings is to:

1) Pick out a genealogy-oriented Christmas gift for someone you know, admire, appreciate, or love. It could be for a family member, someone in the genealogy community, or a friend or colleague. Describe your genealogy gift to them.

Here's mine:
Since the time our family got together at the Spaghetti Factory and showed them the article published in the Pittsburg Post-Dispatch of my mother standing next to Louis Armstrong, who came to perform for a Junior Woman’s Club benefit for purchasing an electrically controlled bed for the Pittsburg Community Hospital.

My nephew, Ryan, thought it so cool and said I should write up a family history to share with the rest of the family. Since that time, I have been meaning to, but it seemed so many other things got in the way. So, if I had time between now and December 25, I would write the family history of our immediate family, including lots of photos, some taken by me, and others collected through the years taken by other family members. To keep it manageable, I shall stop with our grandparents but include the names of their ancestors.

I hope you can wait, Ryan, until next Christmas, for I plan to begin working on this project! Anything to foster the love of family and family history.

Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments


  1. What a great photo of Satchmo with your mom. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.