How The Meme Works
To participate, do the following at your own blog and post a link back here in the comments:
1. List your surnames in alphabetical order as follows:
[SURNAME]: State/Province (county/subdivision), date range
2. At the end, list your Most Wanted Ancestor with details!
1. My Entries
- COOR; Texas (Erath Co) 1880-present, Mississippi (Lawrence Co, Copiah Co) 1820-1880, North Carolina (Wayne Co, Sampson Co) pre-1800
- HALEY; Mississippi (Rankin Co), 1820-1870, North Carolina 1770’s-1820.
- HUTSON; Texas (Comanche Co, Hood Co) 1880 to present, Georgia (Cherokee Co, Chattooga Co) 1800-1880, Virginia prior to 1800.
- JOHNSTON; Texas (Titus Co, Comanche Co), 1870-present; Mississippi (Yalobusha Co), 1850-1870; South Carolina 1800-1850.
- JONES; Texas (Titus Co, Comanche Co), 1870-1900; Mississippi (Rankin Co), 1850-1870; Virginia.
- KETHLEY; Mississippi (Copiah Co) 1816-1900, Louisiana (Feliciana Parish), North Carolina (Wayne Co) pre 1800.
- LANCASTER; Texas (Erath Co, Rockwall Co, Kaufman Co) 1860-present; Missouri (Lewis Co) 1840-1860; Kentucky (Shelby Co) 1830-1840; Virginia (pre 1830)
- LOVELESS; Texas (Erath Co, Fisher Co) 1910-present, Arkansas (Faulkner Co) 1880-present, Georgia (Chattooga Co); South Carolina (Greenville Co) pre-1800.
- NIXON; South Carolina (Greenville Co), Mississippi (Pontotoc Co)
- O'NEAL/NEEL; Kentucky (Jessamine Co, Shelby Co), 1800’s, Virginia (Frederick Co) pre 1800.
- POLLY; Texas (Rockwall Co) 1850-1900, Kentucky 1820-1850.
- SELLMAN/SELMAN; Texas (Cherokee Co, Leon Co, Comanche Co) 1850-present; Tennessee (Franklin Co), Alabama (Cherokee Co), Georgia (Elbert Co), Virginia (Stafford Co).
- WELCH; Texas (Erath Co) 1880-present, Mississippi (Copiah Co) 1820-1880, Georgia, North Carolina
- Samuel Johnston, born c. 1796 in South Carolina. He married Elizabeth McCormick sometime before 1841 when first son, Reuben Mack Johnston was born in Alabama. They moved to Mississippi c. 1850 when son, David was born. They are found in the 1860 Yalobusha Co census. This is a burned courthouse county and I was unable to find land records for Sam. Elizabeth and children moved to Texas and are found in the 1870 Titus Co, Texas census. When did Sam die? Who are Sam's parents? And where is the family in 1850?
Copyright © 2011 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past