Skip to main content

SNGF: Timelines

Randy Seaver over at Genea-musings has another assignment for Saturday Night Genealogy Fun. Tonight, it's to create a timeline for one our our ancestors.

I used RootsMagic software to create my timeline of my second great-grandfather, Vincent Sievert. Because I have added various "facts" to the software, my timeline has quite a few events of his life.


The small superscript numbers at the end of each line refer to the sources. I elected to have them be endnotes and they are here:


I have sources for most of the events in his life once he arrived in the United States in 1852. What I don't have are original sources for his birth and marriage. Between 1860 and his death, I have quite a few events about his life, but the time between their ship arrival and the 1860 census is unknown as well. Someday I'd like to search for local Joliet, Illinois newspapers. I'll probably have to visit Joliet and read the microfilmed versions myself.

Copyright © 2014 by Lisa Suzanne Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments