Skip to main content

SNGF -- Make a Descendant's List of Second Great-Grandparents

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night Again - 

Time For Some More Genealogy Fun!!






Our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings today is to:

 1)  How complete is your family tree?  Do you have information about your cousins  - both close and more distant?  Today's challenge is to take one set of your 2nd great-grandparents and make a Descendants List (using your genealogy management program - e.g., Family Tree Maker, RootsMagic, etc.)

Here’s Mine:
I am in Texas on a road research trip. So, I’m showing the top of the 6-person descendancy charts for my four pairs of maternal 2x-great-grandparents. These are the families I am here researching. I’m only showing the top because it doesn’t take long for my list to show living people, especially in the 5th and 6th generations. As Randy said, these will be helpful to see if I have completed down to the sixth generation so I can match up with my DNA matches.

Reuben M. Johnston & Olevia Jane Jones (6 pages)


Peter H Hutson & Sarah Helena Selman (4 pages)


William C Lancaster and Martha Jane Coor (4 pages)


Abner Ebenezer Loveless and Eliza A Rodgers (7 pages)


There are many children in the fifth generation that have no dates, spouse names, or children. I have my work cut out if I want to do some DNA work. I know I have many matches on Ancestry on my mother’s side of the family.

Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Hope you are having lots of fun on your road trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you are on a research road trip. I hope you are having fun and find lots of information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have found lots of deeds in Erath County and lots of interesting books to help with historical context. It was nice driving around where they lived.

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your trip! Like you, I still have a lot of work to do following some of my lines down to the present day...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.