Skip to main content

SNGF -- What Was Your Best Genealogy Research Achievement This Past Month?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night Again - 

Time For Some More Genealogy Fun!!

Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings has our assignment today: 

1)  What was your best genealogy research achievement this past month?  Tell us about it - what you achieved, and how does it affect your 2024 goals?

Here’s mine:
Well, to start with, it’s Sunday, instead of Saturday night. Yesterday, I could not get any Microsoft programs to open on my computer. Adobe Acrobat wouldn’t open either. And the sound wouldn’t play. However, all the other programs would open. It was so weird. I restarted the computer several times and I Googled the problem and tried those tips. NOTHING worked! Feeling defeated, I figured I’d write this directly on the blog in the morning.

Hello Morning! Everything works now without any input from me. So here goes with the post, first written in Word.

I don’t have a great achievement this past month. I have been working on the families who settled in Texas in Erath, Comanche, Rockwall (formerly Kaufman), and Montague counties. Next month, I will fly to Dallas, rent a car, and travel to these places to conduct in-person research. Before I do that, I need to create research questions about what I want to know. So many of the county’s records are digitized on FamilySearch, so looking at deeds, court, or vital records is not needed. I’m hoping to get more background information about the time and place.

So, I am creating timelines, entering all the documents I do have into RootsMagic, and making appointments to visit research facilities in these localities. I am hoping by next month, if this question is asked again, I’ll have a great achievement to report on!


Copyright © 2024 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. It looks like you are well prepared to have some fabulous genealogy finds to share in a few weeks. Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.