Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of October 18–24, 2021

I have completed eighty-four (84) weeks of semi-lock down due to Covid-19. This past week I left the house to volunteer at the CCCHS History Center, do phenology, retrieve the car, and meet a friend for tea.  

Genealogy

Blog Writing:

52 Ancestors—Week 42: Sports—What My Daughters Played I wrote about the sporting activities they did as children.  

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun – Baby Photo. I showed two photos of me as a week-old and a one-year-old.

Online Study Groups & Meetings Attended: Met with Mary to discuss AppGen acceptance letters and later with both colleagues. For study groups, I attended the NGSQ study group, and met with Amigos and Peer groups. Sunday, I attended book club on bring your own book day. I shared several novels I read while on our train vacation.

Volunteer Work
At the History Center on Tuesday, Ben and I continued working on the final moving of books and took down the center bookcase so we could put a table in, which will make working on a laptop doing inventory easier. Wednesday, I worked at the Oakland FamilySearch Library. Because of the rain, there were not many people there except for the regulars.

Own Work:
I started my adult school classes on Monday: Intermediate 1 and Writing Workshop, and on Thursday, the AppGen Institute class on land records started.  

On the weekend, I worked on the biography of Susan Hork who married Andrew Edward Hart. I filled in their life with death records found on Ancestry and obituaries and other newspaper articles. I also attended part of the Sacramento German Genealogy Society Seminar on Saturday and listen to lectures about online maps.

Other:
I visited with Elaine on Friday, meeting for hot drinks. Monday, we drove up to Santa Rosa to rescue our stuck car and then had dinner at the Japanese restaurant, Hana in Rohnert Park. I also attended the Coast Division Zoom meeting on Saturday morning. Good discussion about the trip to CSRM last Saturday.

I am still reading:

  • Windigo Island by William Kent Krueger

Photos for this week: Some fall color with pistachio trees.




Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.


Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. We have cactus blooms, too, at least until the javelina eat them. :) No fall colors in Tucson, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to take a photo of our Liquid Amber trees in my own yard, but I worry now that the 2-day continuous rain with the winds likely have knocked most of the leaves off the trees. My redbud is also pretty colorful. These trees above are from a walk, where a man has pistachio and olive trees.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.