Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- What Do You Wish You Had Done?

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

time for some more Genealogy Fun!!






Our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings is to:

1)  What do you wish you had done in your life? 

Here's mine:
I have done most of the things I had wanted to do. There are a few things that I had wished to do but never did:

I wish I had played on a professional baseball team. For one, females have yet to be on a professional team, and I can’t really play that well. I have settled on following my San Francisco Giants and living vicariously through them. Some favorite players over the years have been Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Chris Speier, Buster Posey, and a few from other teams such as Joe Morgan and Johnny Bench.

I wish I had joined the military, but when I was young, I was really too scared (especially of boot camp). I have settled on enjoying fictional books set in military settings. A favorite author was W.E.B. Griffin’s books about Army, Marine Corps, and OSS settings.

I wish that I had built a model railroad in my own home instead of just collecting models. I wished I had kept up with the stamp collecting but I have large gaps in U.S. stamps. I wished I hadn’t stopped taking piano lessons, but with glasses, it was hard to see the music.

There is still time to do some things, such as traveling. I would like to visit every state and not do just a pass-through. I have Alaska left to visit, but I would like to put my feet on the ground in Delaware, North and South Carolina, and Georgia. There is still a river cruise to do in Europe (the pandemic put a hamper on our 40th Anniversary plans).

I would like to have a book published. I know, I can write a book and publish it myself, but it would be cool if a real publisher wanted one of my books.


Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Wow! Professional baseball and joining the military! I thought about joining the military, mainly because my mother was in the WAVES and loved her experience. Back when we might have joined, there wasn't much to boot camp for females, since they were mostly office workers, medical staff or teachers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did try to join the Coast Guard after college but failed the interview. Then I tried to join the Navy Reserves but my references never turned it in. Oh, well, then I had my two kids and life turned into something more fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.