Skip to main content

SNGF -- Elusive Ancestor Research (Sullivan, Sheehan, & Raduntz)

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!


 




Our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings is to:

 1)  Who is one of your most elusive ancestors?  What research have you done to identify him or her?  What research do you need to do?

Here's mine:
On my Saturday Night Genealogy Fun post on 12 August 2023, I posted the fan chart of my ancestors. The closest blanks on the chart are at my paternal third great-grandparents.

I do not know the parents of Susana Raduntz, who was born about 1831, likely in Posen, and who married Winzent Siewert (Vincent Sievert in US). Both immigrated to the United States in the 1850s. A researcher in Poland discovered the parents of Winzent, but not of Susanna, who perhaps had lived in a different village. Susanna’s sister, Wilhelmine, also came to the U.S., but her records have not revealed their origin either.

The other set of 3x-gg-grandparents, Jeremiah Sullivan and Mary Sheehan, likely came from County Cork, Ireland. Even though Irish Catholic church records are now digitally available online, I have found no record naming them: not a marriage, nor as parents of any of their eight children who were born in Ireland. I had hired an Irish researcher back in the early 2000s and the church book that covered the time period they likely were married was reported missing. It is missing on the online site, too. So disappointing.

Perhaps one day, more records will become available and I can return to working on these lines.


Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. You have two tough elusive ancestral lines, with Poland and Ireland. If I had to guess and pick one, I'd say you might have more luck in the future with Susanna. Ireland is a tough nut to crack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. Especially with those two very common surnames.

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.