Skip to main content

8th Blogiversary!



Well, it's now been eight years since I started this blog to document my family stories and to discuss my research.

This past year I have written 121 posts! The three main memes I participate in are 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks, that accounts for a weekly post; a weekly post documenting my genealogy and other activities, called Geneapouri; and Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun if the task looks doable. Occasionally I write an extra post during the week if I find an interesting genealogical find.

Some of the popular posts during the past year were:
  • I attended SLIG and wrote two posts about my class here and here. I was trying to win a contest to get priority registration for next year.
  • I wrote about my mother meeting Louis Armstrong as a member of the Pittsburg Junior Woman's Club.
  • I wrote three posts about my Aunt, Lorene Hork and her working for the US Navy during WWII, the US Army in Japan after the war, and her trip around the world.
The most popular post was about becoming a Certified Genealogist.

What a wonderful year I had!


Copyright © 2019 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Lisa, Congratulations on your 8th blogiversary. I enjoy your stories - I think the Louis Armstrong one was one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It certainly was my favorite find of the year!

      Delete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.