Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - Your Best RootsTech 2023 Experience

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans: 

It's Saturday Night again - 

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!

Here’s our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings: Come on, everybody, join in and accept the mission and execute it with precision. 

1)  Did you attend the RootsTech 2023 conference this weekend in-person in Salt Lake City or virtually in your genealogy cave on the computer?  What one keynote talk, class session, or Expo Hall feature impressed you the most?

Here's mine:

Although I paid for an in-person registration to RootsTech and was here in Salt Lake City, I attended no presentations. I worked two stints in the Board for the Certification of Genealogists’ booth where lots of people stopped by to view the portfolios and ask questions. Being that we are in Utah, a lot of the queries were from students and graduates of BYU Provo and Idaho.

After each stint, I walked around the exhibit hall checking out some of the booths. Lots of booths about writing, publishing, and presenting our family stories. Ancestry and FamilySearch had to largest booths. I wanted to talk with people at RootsMagic but it was always busy, too. I said hello to some people I know but didn’t get to see everyone.

One of the things I did do was attend a Blogger get-together at the Blue Lemon on Wednesday and met some nice people. I also did research in the library on Wednesday, Thursday afternoon, and Saturday. I’m happy. I know I can still watch many of the presentations when I get home.


Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.