Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun -- A Photo of You With a Grandparent

Calling all Genea-Musings Fans:

It's Saturday Night again -

Time for some more Genealogy Fun!!


 




Here is our assignment from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings:

1)   Do you have a photograph of yourself with one or more of your grandparents?  How about your great-grandparents?  Show us what you have, and tell us your grandparent's names. 

Here's mine:
I knew exactly which photo to show for this theme. This is a photo of both of my grandmothers, my Mam-ma on the left and my Nana on the right. This must have been right after I came home from the hospital, likely in our house. Many of the pieces of furniture were made by my grandfather, Tom-Tom.

My maternal grandmother was Pansy Louise Lancaster, who married Tom J Johnston. We called them Mam-ma and Tom-Tom.

My paternal grandmother was Anna Marie Sullivan, who married William Cyril Hork. We called her Nana. We never met our grandfather, as he lived in Los Angeles after my grandparents separated.

Nana was twenty years older than Mam-ma. She was a schoolteacher and we thought of her as the ‘fun’ grandmother. Mam-ma grew up in Texas, was very strict, and we were a bit afraid of her. Tom-Tom was gruff and we feared him a little, too, though it was better when we got older. However, he died when I was nineteen.

Copyright © 2023 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. What a great photo. I think my paternals and maternal only ever met once when my grandfather had a business trip to NY and my grandmother went with him. After his meeting, they drove over to Passaic to say hello on the way back to MA. However, no photos were taken of them together.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.