Skip to main content

Week 19: Mother’s Day – Compendium of Posts About My Mother

I have written several posts about my mother, Lela Nell (Johnston) Hork. Here are synopsis and links to those posts.

Fearless Females – Day 17
My mother was a social butterfly and joined organizations. This post described her high school years and Junior Woman’s Club.

Mrs. William (Lea) Hork in Junior Woman’s Club
This post is about the activities my mother was involved in with the Pittsburg Junior Woman’s Club which includes a photo of her standing next to Louis Armstrong.

Celebrate Mother’s Day – Show Us Some Photos
A post, part of Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, with lots of photos of my mother and me.

85th Anniversary of My Mother, Lela Nell Johnston’s Birth
Her birthday was August 21, 1934 and in 2019 I wrote a post with a story and photos.

Three Things About Your Mother
This past week’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun, I wrote about three ways my mother was creative.

This is my fourth year working on this year-long 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow. I will write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

   Copyright © 2021 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments