Skip to main content

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun - RootsTech 2022

It's Saturday Night -

time for more Genealogy Fun!

Our mission from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing is to:

1)  The RootsTech 2022 Virtual Conference was Thursday through Saturday (March 3-5) this week.  Did you register and attend classes?  Did you watch the Keynote talks?  Did you visit the virtual Expo Hall?  What was your favorite experience?

Here’s mine:

I registered for RootsTech with the idea of viewing the presentations, but ended up having other activities that took up my time. I watched no live presentations and viewed seven videos on Thursday and Saturday. I have collected links to others that I will watch in the future. 

Many of the presentations are basic or intermediate level, but I view subjects I’m interested in to get tips on possible sources to use in my own presentations. These presentations often give me ideas on how to improve or create my own.

I also checked out the RootsTech Relatives. Of the 31,625 relatives, these three were the closest:

  • 2nd cousin, once removed – shared ancestor is Ebenezer Loveless & Eliza Rodgers
  • 3rd cousin, twice removed – shared ancestor is Denis Tierney. I come from one wife, and the other is from the other wife.
  • 3rd cousin, three time removed – shared ancestor is parents of my Nathaniel H.O. Polly, which I have yet to confirm.

Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. RootsTech classes are a great way to get tips not only for teaching your own classes, but to get ideas for blog posts, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't able to watch anything but hoping to in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.