Skip to main content

Three Generations of Yearbook Photos

The earliest yearbook photo we have in our family is of my paternal grandmother Anna Marie Sullivan, who attended the Montana State Normal College (now University of Montana Western) and who graduated in 1914. This was a school to train teachers and that is what she did after graduating until she married in 1922. Her yearbook is full of other photos of her and I have written about the activities and included the photos in previous blog posts, here and here.


The second generation includes Anna’s four children. Lorene graduated from Chaffey Union High School in Ontario in 1940.


Virginia graduated from Napa High School in Napa in 1942


June graduated from Napa High School in 1944. I am not sure if this is her yearbook photo, but it is all I have.

Bill graduated from Mt. Diablo High School in Concord, California in 1950.


Lastly, the third generation: my senior photo from Las Lomas High School in Walnut Creek, California in 1972.


#52Ancestors-Week 21: Yearbook—Three Generations of Yearbook Photos

This is my fifth year working on this year-long prompt, hosted by Amy Johnson Crow (https://www.amyjohnsoncrow.com/) at Generations Cafe. I write each week in one of my two blogs, either Mam-ma’s Southern Family or at My Trails into the Past. I have enjoyed writing about my children’s ancestors in new and exciting ways.

Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments

  1. Great idea to show yearbook photos from multiple generations!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be previewed by the author to prevent spammers and unkind visitors to the site. The blog is open to other-than-just family members particularly those interested in family history and genealogy.

If you are family and want to be contacted, contact me at snrylisa @ gmail.com.