Skip to main content

Monday Genea-pourri, Week of Sep 11-18, 2022

I have completed one hundred thirty-two (132) weeks of semi-lock down due to Covid-19. Most of my outside activities involved taking walks around the neighborhood, visiting the History Center, and starting our train trip to the east.

Genealogy

Blog Writing:

Highs & Lows – Births & Deaths of Children of Thomas & Mary Davey. I wrote about the children of Thomas and Mary Davey who did not survive infancy.

Saturday Night Genealogy Fun: Elementary School Memories I wrote about attending school in Pittsburg and Walnut Creek.

Online Study Groups & Meetings Attended:
I had four meetings this week: military SIG with Kinseekers, Amigos, CGS Roundtable, and AppGen with Mary.

Client Work/Presentations:
Nothing this week.

Volunteer Work:
I did my shift at the History Center and attended the board meeting for the Contra Costa County Historical Society. I also attended the board meeting for the Sonoma County Genealogical Society.

Own Work:
I did some computer file cleanup between the laptop and the portable hard drive. I prepared one blog post to be published later.

Webinars Viewed:

  • From Deeds to Dirt: Analyzing Research with Maps by Cari Taplin
  • Using Google Books to Find the Law by Judy G. Russell

Other:
I had lab work done and got my newest vaccination, as well as the flu shot. I was pretty wiped the next day. I got only two walks in this week. Besides that, I packed for our three-plus weeks of vacation, starting with the train to Chicago. By Sunday, we had arrived in Denver, Colorado. More on this next week.

I am reading:

  • Dressed for Death by Donna Leon

Photos for this week:

Genealogists are great at documenting our ancestors’ lives but not so great at documenting our own. I’ll write about what I’ve been doing the past week. This idea came from Randy Seaver of Genea-Musing, who started this meme.


Copyright © 2022 by Lisa S. Gorrell, My Trails into the Past. All Rights Reserved.

Comments